GUIDELINES FOR INTERNET SERVICES
- Internet facility is restricted to the registered members of the SGC Library only. No outsiders are allowed to use this facility. Prior permission of the College Librarian must be obtained by visitors or research scholars from other institutions availing consultation facilities.
- Library members who need to use the Internet services must produce valid proof of identity.
- Library members must record their names and other details in the Users' Register
before and after using the Internet services. Maximum time allowed per session of browsing is 1 hour under normal accessibility conditions.
- Library members must make use of the Internet facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Library members must not monopolize the computer resources, i.e., using more than one computer at a time or spending an inordinate amount of time on a computer. When other library members are waiting, Internet service users are expected to observe the posted time limit.
- Library members must not install any software not specifically approved by the Library. Word-processing and other application software considered indispensable for academic activities are preloaded on all the computers in the Cyber Room.
- Library members must not attempt tamper with system files or applications.
- Library members found transmitting, disseminating, printing or downloading sexually explicit images or sound recordings will be deemed to voluntarily invoke suspension of their library membership.
- Stern action will be taken against Library members maliciously accessing, altering, deleting, damaging or destroying any computer system, network computer program or data.